Thank you for your interest in the Wow Taiwan Must Buy campaign. We wish you luck in winning the main Wow prize and come to Taiwan to enjoy the Wow Taiwan Must Buy trip. For further details on the campaign will run please see below.
Wow Taiwan Must Buy Event Announcement
- Campaign period: 05/09 – 05/31
- Who can win the prize: Users who have successfully finished the online survey will be in for a chance to win the prize of Wow Taiwan Must Buy Campaign.
- How the winner will be announced: Wow Taiwan Must Buy team will announce the final winners two weeks after the campaign end date. The team will start to send the prizes to winners after this date. Prizes will only be sent to Mainland Malaysian addresses. Winners will be selected randomly from a number generator.
- Wow Prize: Two free flight tickets to Taiwan (Economy Class)
- Must buy Prize: 99 Gift boxes each containing 5 products. The winner will receive the gift box according to their survey outcome.
- Wow Taiwan Must Buy team have the final rights to revise the event announcement.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE “WOW TAIWAN MUST BUY” SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST (The “Contest”)
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THESE “TERMS AND CONDITIONS”) BEFORE ENTERING THIS CONTEST. THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND WOW TAIWAN ESTABLISHING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH YOU ARE ENTITLED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1 – Organiser
- The Contest is organised by Wow Taiwan.
2 – Contest Period and Submission Deadline
- Contest Period (“Contest Period”) : 9th May to 31st May
3 – Eligibility
3.1 – General Eligibility Requirements
- All residents of Malaysia are eligible to participate in the Promotion and Contest.
- If you are below eighteen (18) years of age, you must obtain the appropriate permissions and releases from your parent or legal guardian in order to participate in the Contest.
- Only individuals are eligible to participate in the Contest. Groups, organisations and company entries are not eligible.
3.2 – Not Eligible
- The following are not eligible to participate in the Contest:
- Employees of Wow Taiwan and its related corporations and their immediate family members.
- Employees of any party which is directly involved in organising, promoting or conducting the Contest.
4 – Contest Mechanics
- Contestants must fully complete the survey as shown on the website and complete all personal details that are required in order to be considered for the prizes.
5 – Contest Prizes
- 1 x 2 Tickets to Taiwan with Tiger Airways Travel dates for the trip to Taiwan will be decided by The Organizer. No refund, rescheduling or compensation will be made if the selected winners and/or their family members are unable to travel as scheduled for any reason.
- 99 x Product Sample gift boxes
6 – How prize winners will be selected
- The Organiser reserves the right to select another prize winner if the original prize winner is subsequently disqualified from the Contest for any reason whatsoever.
- Decisions by the Organiser will be final and no appeals will be entertained.
7 – How prize winners will be notified
- The winner will be announced on the Official Wow Taiwan website by the 8th June.
8 – Claiming a prize
- Prize winner recipients may be required to sign and return a Declaration and Release Form which, among other things, releases Wow Taiwan, the sponsor of the gifts/prizes, its respective subsidiaries and associated companies, agents, including advertising and promotional agencies, from all liability relating to the Contest, and acceptance and/or use of the prizes and confirms his/her compliance with the terms and conditions applicable to the prizes.
- Prizes to recipients will be delivered (date and time to be advised by the Program Centre) to the customers.
- Wow Taiwan shall not be responsible for any additional charges incurred (including but not limited to charges for 3rd-party collection, delivery, insurance, etc) to customers who fail to receive the prize either by means of address error by the customer, or is physically absent during delivery, or choose to make special collection arrangements or pick-up services.
- Prizes that are not claimed within 3 attempts will be forfeited without prior notice.
9 – Goods as prizes. Where the prizes under the Contest are items/goods, they shall be subject to availability and may not be substituted for cash. Wow Taiwan reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of similar monetary value, without prior notice. If prizes involve manufactured items, they shall be subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions for warranty, service and maintenance, and Wow Taiwan does not accept any responsibility for them. In particular, prizes are provided by Wow Taiwan “AS IS” without warranties of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose.
10 – Taxes, etc. Taxes and their levies imposed by any relevant applicable government or tax authority, as well as other costs including insurance and incidental costs, that may be levied or incurred on the gifts/prizes shall be fully borne by the recipient.
12 – Limitation of liability. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Wow Taiwan and its parent company, affiliates, related corporations, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any liabilities of any kind for any damage to any property that may occur as a consequence of your participation in the Contest.
13 – Indemnity. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you undertake to indemnify and keep Wow Taiwan and its parent company, affiliates, related corporations, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless and indemnified against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by any or each of them due to your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising from your participation in the Promotion and Contest, and/or your use of any prize.
14 – Wow Taiwan’s decision is final and binding. In the event of any dispute arising from the Promotion and Contest, or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of Wow Taiwan on all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence will be entertained.
15 – No cheating tolerated. You acknowledge and agree that no form of cheating will be tolerated. If you are found cheating, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Wow Taiwan, you will immediately be disqualified from the Contest. Cheating includes, but is not limited to, counterfeiting invoices or receipts, using multiple identification numbers, tampering with, hacking of the Promotion and Contest sites (if any), participating in the Contest without meeting the eligibility requirements, using any automated software or device to gain an advantage during the Contest, use of the Contest beyond the defined rules of the Promotion and Contest, attempting to disable or overwhelm any of Wow Taiwan’s websites or the Contest sites (if any), attempting to disrupt any portion of the Contest, including but not limited to, allowing somebody else to use your Personal Information, or tampering with the redemption process.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY OF WOW TAIWAN’S WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION AND CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WOW TAIWAN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16 – No waiver. Wow Taiwan’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
17 – Modification of these Terms and Conditions, etc. Wow Taiwan may modify these Terms and Conditions and/or withdraw or terminate the Promotion and Contest at any stage without any liability towards anyone.
18 – All information is correct at the time of publishing. In the event of any inaccuracy or any discrepancy between the print and online versions, the online version shall prevail over the print version.
19 – Severability. Each of the provisions of these terms and conditions apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. If a court holds any provision of these Terms and Conditions to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the rest of these Terms and Conditions will remain in effect and these Terms and Conditions will be amended to give effect to the eliminated provision to the maximum extent possible.
20 – Laws. The Promotion and Contest shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. The Contest are void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable laws.
- The personal data you provide to Wow Taiwan pursuant to this Promotion and Contest, including without limitation your name, IC number and address, will be processed and are required to administer your participation in the Promotion and Contest. Entries submitted without the personal data required will be discarded. Wow Taiwan may also use your personal data to communicate with you about its products and services, update you on new services and benefits, provide personalised promotional offers and allow you to participate in contests and surveys. In this regard, your personal data may be disclosed and transferred to our service providers, suppliers and/or affiliates which may or may not be located outside Malaysia. If you have any complaints, comments or questions on this Privacy Notice, or wish to access or correct your personal data, or limit our processing of the same, please contact Wow Taiwan at email@example.com